Boy, 17, carjacked a man, this month robbed 4 others on CTA trains, the police say

Boy, 17, carjacked a man, this month robbed 4 others on CTA trains, the police say

Chicago-a 17-year-old boy is responsible for robbing five people this month in a series of crimes raid on the CTA and includes armed carjacking, according to the Chicago police.

The suspect, arrested on Thursday, is confronted with a litany of charges, including three crime counts of armed robbery with a firearm, two crime counts of theft, one crime count of exacerbated vehicle with a firearm, and a crime count of obstructing identification.

CPD said that the teenager’s crime golf started on March 13, when he reportedly stole owned by two men, a 25-year-old and a 38-year-old, while driving a blue line train near the western station, 430 South Western Avenue.

The attacks continued on March 21. At about 9.10 pm the boy showed a firearm to rob a 16-year-old girl and a 17-year-old boy of their possessions on a blue line train at the racin stop.

He hit again less than an hour later, this time aimed at a 57-year-old man in the 3600 block of West Grenshaw Street, the police said. Again, he showed a gun and robbed the victim and then took the man’s car.

The police did not release the identity of the boy because of his youth status. They did not say whether detectives are looking for extra suspects.

CWBCHICAGO was founded in 2013 by five residents of Wigleyville and Boystown who had been discouraged with inaccurate information that was provided during meetings of the local community policing (CAPS). Our coverage area has since been expanded to cover Lincoln Park, River North, De Loop, Uptown and other North Side areas. But our mission remains unchanged: to provide original reporting of public safety with a better context and more detail than regular media. Our editorial e -mail address is news@cwbchicago.com

See also  American strikes treat Canada to pause rates for a month

Source link