Man who has sued the city for less than 40 hours after he was arrested for possession of weapons, argues guilty

Man who has sued the city for less than 40 hours after he was arrested for possession of weapons, argues guilty
Lorenzo Williams and a video image of the arrest. (Chicago Police Department, Twitter)

Chicago – a man who has charged the city of Chicago within 40 hours after arrested by CPD officers who are reportedly grabbed a gun from his waistband, has now found guilty guilty of possessing that firearm. The arrest was caught on video and received local exposure on social media.

Lorenzo Williams, 33, argued guilty of a criminal in possession of a firearm with an earlier conviction and received a three-year prison sentence of judge Shelley Sutker-Ddermer, according to the court reports. He is expected to be conditional in January, after having served half of his sentence.

Williams’ was seen on July 30 last year [police surveillance] Video with a gun in its front waistband. When officers tried to hold him, he ran, resisted and tried to take his gun, which endangered the life of the officers and the suspect, “said public prosecutors in a detention.

The operators of the police camera saw ‘the end of a gun in it [Williams’] Front middle waistband while he lifted his shirt ‘in the 800 block of North Cambridge, said a CPD report.

Patrol officers moved in and part of his arrest was caught on this video (strong language):

Allegedly, two officers were getting into minor injuries during the arrest effort. The CPD arrest report said that Williams was also treated in the St. Mary’s Hospital “for small injuries.”

“It’s not a complete video. It doesn’t show everything”, CPD SPPT. Larry Snelling said during a non -related press conference days after the video started to circulate.

See also  Guilty verdict delivered in Yanfei Bao murder trial

In the end, the police found a loading .40-caliber ruger gun that was reported that had been stolen from Mason City, Iowa, said officials. The agents also noted in a report that the background on Williams’s phone is a photo of him who holds the restored firearm.

Less than 40 hours later, lawyers who represented Williams sued the city and police of Chicago and claimed the police attacked and battered him and “deliberately and deliberately” showed behavior.

The lawsuit claimed that Williams “walked peacefully on public ownership” when the police “absent reasonably suspicion, likely cause, good or other legal right” stopped and held him and “then started to hit and hit him.”

It also claimed that the officers hit and hit Williams in the face and hit a hard object and put a gun directly against his head while he shouted, “Hey, I am down.”

The complaint, which is still handling, did not mention that officials claimed that he was wearing a stolen firearm. It said that Wiliam’s suffered “considerable and severe pain and injuries, some of which may be permanent [sic] In nature. “

Source link