Three migrants charged for killing homeless immigrant on Long Island in ‘Brutal’ Slaying

Three migrants charged for killing homeless immigrant on Long Island in 'Brutal' Slaying

Three migrating men have been sued for alleged strangulation and stabbing another immigrant last month on Long Island in what the local public prosecutor called a “brutal” murder.

De Draagen – Brayan Heredia Escobar, 19, of Guatemala; Jhon Lopez Campos, 18, from El Salvador; and Julio Beltran, 39, from El Salvador-Viel on 18 February the 39-year-old Salvadoran National Candido Guadalupe Saravia Martinez, according to a explanation of Suffolk County da Ray Tierney.


The three would have killed the 39-year-old Salvadoran National Candido Guadalupe Saravia Martinez on 18 February. Moloneyfh

When the police discovered the body of Saravia Martinez in a tent near Suffolk Avenue in the center of Islip, they found a rope around his neck, marks his face of bot strength trauma and a stab wound that cuts his carotid artery, said the explanation.

Police officers also found a machete in the tent and a bloody knife that lay on the neck of Saravia Martinez.

“This alleged murder was cruel,” Tierney said. “We will not tolerate such violence in Suffolk County. Violence as is claimed here, we all find us and we remain dedicated to hold these perpetrators responsible for their actions.”

The victim and his alleged attackers are homeless, the DA added.

Authorities said they found video surveillance images from different companies in Suffolk Avenue who caught the three alleged murderers who ran out of the tent after the murder and walk into a laundry across the street.


A hammer
The alleged murderers are confronted to life in prison for 25 years if they are convicted. Brian Jackson – Stock.adobe.com

The DA office refused to comment on the immigration status of the attackers.

“We refuse to comment respectfully on immigration status and on the basis of the bar rules, we do not talk about earlier convictions until the debt phase of a case is completed,” a spokesperson told the post.

See also  Man charged with carjacking Uber driver after police found out his account ordered the doomed ride

All three were charged with second -degree murder attacks, which could each bring in prison for 25 years if they are convicted.

Heredia Escobar returns to court March 27. Beltran owes the court on 10 April and the next hearing of Lopez Campos is scheduled for April 23.

Source link